alylovesreading

Defying Gravity with Books

I love to read! My favorite books to read are YA.

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Aly has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Aly has read 39 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Matched

Matched - Ally Condie Matched is the type of book that hooks you from the beginning and keeps you wanting to read more. The society sacrifices so much of its individuality and freedom for the sake of efficiency and harmony.

Condie presents a world that seems safe and suffocating at the same time. She presents a character (Cassia) that wants to go along with what the society has set, but then starts to question whether or not the society is safe or not. She decides to push her limits and boundaries to have a say in how to contain and control her own life.

Matched has points that are repetitive, but that is how the society presents itself. The society has a set schedule for each of the members. There are set rules and set boundaries. Everything about Matched goes along with how Condie is presenting the society.

Matched may not be for everyone with the writing style and repetitiveness with some predictability. However, I really enjoyed Matched and I really liked the writing style of Ally Condie.