alylovesreading

Defying Gravity with Books

I love to read! My favorite books to read are YA.

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Aly has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Aly has read 39 books toward a goal of 50 books.
hide

Cinder

Cinder - Marissa Meyer I enjoyed this book a lot! This book was a twist on Cinderella, however there was a big difference between Cinder and Cinderella. I enjoyed Marissa Meyer's writing style. I liked the technology references as well.

The ball ties in with Cinderella along with a stepmother and step sisters. However, one stepsister gets along with Cinder. Cinder can't go to the ball unless she does her chores (relates to Cinderella). The concept of Lunars was very interesting for me, plus Lunar glamour. The creator of Cinder thought so much through. Cinder is immune to the disease that is surrounding her. Cinder cares a lot and went back to save Iko. Prince Kai asked Cinder multiple times to go to the ball with him and she answered no every time. Cinder later receives a call warning her about Levana's plans. Cinder decides to go to the ball and let Prince Kai know about what was going on. Cinder did tell Kai some of what she knew. Kai was going to marry the queen for his country.

I enjoyed all the characters in Cinder and I am excited to read the next book in the series!